The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Ahh the smell of coffee...filters?

I had an "a-ha moment" the other day, and then felt kinda dumb after I had it. You know what I mean? It was all about coffee filters. Now, I have known for years that coffee filters could be used for MANY things besides making coffee. For example- cleaning windows, covering food in the microwave, serving snacks for kids, really just about anything that you would use a napkin or paper towel for. Okay, I knew this, so why wasn't I doing it? I had this thinking in my head "I don't want to waste my coffee filters- they're for making coffee!" Well, the other day I got to thinking (mark it down here- October 13, I was thinking!) coffee filters are HALF the price of paper napkins! So, everytime I give my kids a snack on a napkin instead of a coffee filter, it costs me twice as much! I am now an instant convert to using coffee filters over napkins and paper towels whenever possible. I still use them all frugally and more than once if I can, but I feel much better about it now! For more ideas on multiple uses for things around your house, go to www.realsimple.com. It is really an informative and helpful site for great home ideas.

2 Comments:

At 7:15 PM, Blogger Krista said...

great thoughts and insight on coffee filters. I have been using dishes (bowls, plates, etc.) to serve Jewel snacks; thus, creating more work for me in washing dishes! I will try to use your practical tip!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Hong and Tami Kim said...

You ladies are so awesome! I have been wondering how I would have a "mother" mentor ---you know.. to learn all that mommy stuff for the future...but I found my online mommy mentor through Anita's frugal blog! (i'm not pregnant just in case you were wondering - it's never a bad idea to learn what you can early).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home