The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Mr. Smarty Pants

Okay, I have to brag on my DS-5 a little bit. He is so stinkin' smart that I just am constantly amazed at the amount of useful and sometimes useless information that he retains in his little brain. He is constantly in his room reading, so I try to always have books for him that he's interested in. Right now it's astronomy. So, he will come and tell us all these facts about planets-like the order of them and characteristics of each one (I've really been learning a lot!), and inevitably when the subject of Uranus comes up, my husband, who is mentally stuck in Jr. High, will giggle to himself. I'm sure DS will too, once we start anatomy!

His previous interest had been animals. So, one day, while I was still very pregnant, I had been cooking dinner. I came out of the kitchen and exclaimed "I am burning up!" To which DS replied "Probably because you're warm-blooded." I said "how did you know that?" He replied matter-of-factly "because, all mammals are warm-blooded" What I really meant was "I know that, but how did you know that?" I am supposed to be the teacher here, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home