The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Friday, February 24, 2006

Random Thought

This morning I was reading an e-mail from our church about a precious saint who recently went home to be with the Lord. As I read, what struck me was not her death, but who was with her. The message said "she died peacefully in her sleep with her husband by her side." I couldn't help but think about my own life, my own husband, and even my children. How often have I gone to bed at night, with never a thought that this may be the last for me or my husband or children-practically every night. Do my husband and children rest their heads at night knowing that they are precious gifts from God to me? Sadly, the answer is no. Thinking about this causes me to really search my heart, to slow down and take every moment given to me and redeem it for God's glory. It reminds me of Psalms 19:14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord my rock and my redeemer." It is truly my prayer that the Lord would work in my heart to love, serve, and build up my family for his glory more often with my words and deeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home