The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Friday, February 10, 2006

What???

Okay, I'm taking this new medicine that I got yesterday, and reading the side effects and warning labels, I was really perplexed, confused, and trying to figure people out ya know! One of the warnings read: "This medicine produces an orange to red color in the urine. Staining of contact lenses has been reported." Huh?!? To the best of my knowledge, urine and contact lenses should not be used together. But somewhere, sometime, someplace, it happened, and someone had the courage to report it.

So, I'm passing this tidbit of information on to you: If you are taking Phenazopyridin, keep your contact lenses free of urine for the time being.

2 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Becky Arnold said...

That is a hoot! I have never heard of this!

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Hannah said...

I have and can tell you from my days in nursing school that it discolors body fluid. I could tell you the reason you are taking it too but obviously you don't want that disclosed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home