The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My Little Crack Head

About a week ago, I was having my dear son mop the floor. Yes, he's 5, and can mop the floor-and he likes it! Not with a real mop and bucket-thing, but with a wet swiffer (I love that thing!) Anyway, I guess the mop was laying down, and he tripped, and somehow, the pole flew up and popped him right in the forehead! This HUGE knot immediately began to show up (see pics-but they really don't do it justice!) The skin was getting so tight over the knot, that it was purple and white within seconds! It really looked terrible! But the sad thing is, that we were sitting there laughing- not at the injury, but at what he said! The first thing out of his mouth (after WWHHAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!) was, "DID I CRACK MY HEAD OPEN?!" When he said that we just cracked up (no pun intended). Poor guy was wailing- we were laughing, and he had to sit with ice on his head the rest of the night. No one in our family, or anyone we know, has ever had that serious of an injury, and definitely not bad enough to be classified as "they've cracked their head open," so I have no idea where that came from! He may not ever want to mop again. Oh well, he'll have three sisters that can do it soon enough. Aren't I a terrible mom?!!








Also overheard while he was playing with his sister:
(apparently she fell down)
Sis: WHAAAAAAAAA!!! (Insert fake cry here)
Bro: Hey, are you okay? Did you crack your head open?
Sis: WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Insert louder fake cry here)
I think he really was trying to help, but the words just didn't come out right. A man in boy's shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home