The Frugal Mom's Blog

Tales from the life of the frugal!

Monday, May 08, 2006

...and then there were four

Well, it's been 10 days since little Ava was born, so I guess I had better start blogging again! Aaron has been able to have two weeks at home with us! He has been a HUGE blessing and help to me. I am dreading the day that he has to go back to work! How am I going to take care of four children ages 5 and under?! Lots of prayer and grace will carry me through these difficult times I know, but I have to constantly remind myself of this. Why am I so forgetful of how good God is? I am just like the Israelites wandering through the desert!

Ava really is doing well, sleeping and eating are pretty much filling her days right now! Speaking of filling- pooping- that's the other half of her day! Abby is really interested in the decreased size of my belly and checks it every day by asking "is your belly button like mine now?" Aaron Job asked me the other day "can you bend over now?" I answered yes, that I could, but I still wasn't going to pick up his toys for him! Anna has learned how to "shh" with her finger held up to her mouth and then growls (loudly) at Ava. It's not a jealous growl. I think it's affectionate- she growls at dogs too, and she likes them! It's a sad comparison, I know, but it's the only one I can come up with that makes me think that she really likes her baby sister!

And, I had to add a picture to this post. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for you all to see. I told you earlier that Aaron had been home. This was really a "Kodak moment" as I have never seen this done before in our 10 years of marriage!




Now, don't get me wrong- Aaron really is sort of a clean freak. He loves to vacuum, irons his shirts better that I do, and just really likes things to be put in their place, but this is one thing that he has never done before! Like I said, he has been a huge help to me this week. I am willing to hire him out if any of you need your floors done! My floors are so shiny, that I don't cringe when one of my kids eats something off the floor before I catch them! I think he's outside cleaning the van now! :)

1 Comments:

At 3:15 PM, Blogger Phoebe said...

I'm loving this picture. Maybe someday I'll have one of Mark doing the same thing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home